Monday, January 7, 2008

The Sham at SCG

Much has been said about what happened at SCG, so here's some more!!

However, I am amused by how many Australians have missed the point. I have been reading some Australian responses to Roebuck and his columns, here are I feel some of the worst comments supporting Australian team.

I want to make it clear before anything that the protests are not because Australians celebrated too much!! Let me repeat it so that it can sink in: the protests are not because Australians celebrated too much!!

I'd like to post comments on some comments by Australians:

(This is a classic one)
1. We won it, right? After that, who cares! LOL!. :
Whoever you are, I wonder when you'd grow up!

2. Indians are crying because of they lost.:
No, I don't think Indians are being bad sport. No one complained when Indians lost the first test, not even the Indian media. However, when a batsman is dismissed 3 times in the same innings and still tries to justify his standing there, and the same person files a complaint, when a batsman lollipops to first slip and still stands hoping to stay on, and (wait it continues) when that same person's word is taken for granted in case of a close catch (which was grounded twice) when it might have changed the match's course, the captain appeals for a catch which he grounded right in front of his eyes... the list just goes on and on. There are too many such things. I have not mentioned an umpire in any of the above examples.

3. Same happens in Football/Rugby:
Please, don't compare archery to Cricket. It is like asking, what do you think is more important, milk or chicken. Well, if you are childish enough to really select either one, ask an infant about the importance of milk or an athlete about the importance of chicken.

(The icing on the cake!)
4. Rowbuck should go back to where he belongs:
This pretty much to me shows how stupid and arrogant can some people be. I think instead of realizing what he is saying, they just want to become deaf and blind to the overall point he has put forward. That Australians are not playing the sport rightly, they are putting in disrespect into the game. I agree that the 'Sikh warrior' thing is bollocks. But, the overall picture that I see about Australian cricket is not good one, certainly not one of a sport. And most certainly not one with any grace in it.

My Observations:
-----------------------------
(Darndest of all!)
1. A bowler gets banned for something he did not say.:
What I cannot understand is that all the fielders are telling the truth, but not the batsman standing on the other end. How many times have you heard of Sachin Tendulkar being a part of something illegal/bad/of disrepute/of disrespect (before you answer, consider that he has played for around 2 decades!)?

My Question:
-----------------------------
(Mike Proctor, please answer me if you can. You are welcome to post a comment.!)
2. Rashid Latif was banned for a false appeal by you, why not Ponting and Clarke?:
I dont understand your childishness, Proctor. You have banned someone earlier for the same offense. Now, you don't want to. However, you have banned someone else based on one of the most shady evidences ever! I think Indians are not racist. You are a racist. And rightly so, you come from a time when Whites ruled South Africa, but don't anymore. No better vengeance pill than punishing the "slaves for rising against their masters". Very convenient, isn't it?

And yes, before Ricky Ponting, I am questioning Proctor's integrity.

I can be sure about one thing though.
"The game of gentlemen has not remained theirs anymore, thanks to the gentlemen from Australia."

Peace, Hare Krishna.

No comments: